Not Familiar with Flickr™?
Flickr™ is an online photo sharing web site that is made up of many groups, including a Textile Museum group. You can add your photos to The Textile Museum photo-sharing group and quickly enter many images for others to see.
Instructions for How to Enter
To add a photo of your artwork to Flickr™ for The Textile Museum “Green” Art Contest, just follow these easy steps:
1. Log On – To submit your photos via Flickr™, use your Yahoo!® ID to login to www.flickr.com. If you do not have an account, you can sign-up for free.
2. Join The Textile Museum’s Flickr Group – If you are not already a member of The Textile Museum’s group on Flickr™, join by going to the Group Tab at the top of the page, click on “search for a group”, on the group’s homepage enter The Textile Museum, click on “join?”
3. Upload Your Image – After logging in, upload your images under the “upload tab” following the directions on the screen.
4. Tag It – Once the image is uploaded click on “add a description”, through the “tag” feature at the top or the bottom of the page, tag each photo with TextileMuseum_GreenContest.
5. Send the Image to Our Group – Browse to the image you wish to submit for the contest, click on the actions button on the top left, go down to “add to group” and click. Click on The Textile Museum in your group list and done to add your photograph to The Textile Museum’s photo pool.
You’ve entered! Scroll through The Textile Museum’s Group photostream to see other entries and nominate your favorites. Best of all, by using Flickr™, everyone in our online community can see photos of your “green” art!
One winner per month (May through August, 2011) will be chosen by the exhibition curators. Winners will receive a complementary 1 year membership to The Textile Museum. Winning images will be included in the museum’s monthly e-newsletter, and the work will be reproduced in one issue of The Textile Museum Members’ Magazine.
By submitting your photo using “TextileMuseum_GreenContest,” you hereby grant to The Textile Museum a nonexclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free license to reproduce, distribute, publish and publicly display your photographs, and the right to use your name, city, state and country of residence in promotions and other publications in connection with those photographs. Subject to the foregoing you will retain all rights to your artworks and your photographs.
Looking for more details? Write firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing your artistic creations!